EN - Self study - PECB Chief Information Security officer
Master the ability to establish and monitor an information security program and take the role in one of the best earning jobs in information security
What is included?
- You have 12 months time as of reception of the learning material to learn, do the exam and get your certification
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information, examples, best practices, exercises, and quizzes.
- An Attestation of Course Completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
In case candidates do not pass the exam, they are entitled to a free retake within 12 months from the date the coupon code
Why should you take this training course?
In recent years, there has been a growing recognition within organizations that they need a designated individual who has the
necessary skills to effectively address information security responsibilities. Consequently, the role of the CISO has emerged as
an executive-level position, obtaining the information security responsibilities that previously were held by personnel within the IT
Department. Now, organizations have a dedicated professional focused on overseeing and managing all aspects of information
security, ensuring a more comprehensive and specialized approach to safeguarding information and information assets.
By attending the PECB CISO training course, you will gain the necessary expertise to oversee and manage information security,
ensuring the implementation of robust security measures, the identification and mitigation of information security risks, and the
development of effective security strategies tailored to the organization’s specific needs. In addition, by obtaining the PECB CISO
credential, you demonstrate commitment to professional development and ability to take on executive-level responsibilities.
Moreover, you will be able to enhance your career prospects, positioning yourself as a highly qualified candidate for senior
leadership roles in the field of information security
The PECB Chief Information Security Officer training course provides you with valuable insights and enables you to develop a comprehensive understanding of the role of a CISO and the steps involved in effectively managing information security within an organization. The training course covers a wide range of topics, including security frameworks, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, and governance. By attending this training course, you will gain knowledge of emerging security trends and best practices. Additionally, you will learn about the technologies that are essential to information security, including network security, application security, and cloud security
What will the certification allow you to do?
Certification is the formal recognition and proof of knowledge which carries an important weight when you are entering the labor
market, or when you want to advance in your career. Due to the technological advancements and the complexity of cyberattacks,
the demand for IT professionals continues to be in high demand. As such, the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) certification has become one of the most important roles and best earning jobs in information security. By taking a certification you showcase a certain skill level which will display
added value not only to your professional career but to your organization as well. This can help you stand out from the crowd
and increase your earning potential.
Who should attend?
- Professionals actively involved in information security management
- IT managers responsible for overseeing information security programs
- Security professionals who aspire to advance into leadership roles, such as security architects, security analysts, and security auditors
- Professionals responsible for managing information security risk and compliance within organizations
- Experienced CISOs seeking to enhance their knowledge, stay up to date with the latest trends, and refine their leadership skills
- Executives, including CIOs, CEOs, and COOs, who play a crucial role in decision-making processes related to information security
- Professionals aiming to achieve executive-level roles within the information security field
Training course structure?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Comprehend the roles and responsibilities of the CISO and the ethical considerations involved, and address the challenges associated with the role
- Design and develop an effective information security program, tailored to the needs of the organization
- Adopt applicable frameworks, laws, and regulations and effectively communicate and implement policies to ensure information security compliance
Identify, analyse, evaluate, and treat information security risks, using a systematic and effective approach
The “PECB Chief Information Security Officer exam meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program
(ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts of information security
- Domain 2: The role of CISO in an information security program
- Domain 3: Selecting a security compliance program, risk management, and security architecture and design
- Domain 4: Operational aspects of information security controls, incident management, and change management
- Domain 5: Fostering an information security culture, monitoring, measuring, and improving an information security program
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Online through the PECB app OR in person in one of the PECB exam centers
Preparation: PECB Exam Preparation Guides
Language: The exam is available in multiple other languages and does not need to be taken in the same language as the training material. Additional time can be requested when your native language is not available in your mother tongue (to be requested by candidates on the exam day)
Retake: In case you fail the exam, you can retake it within 12 months following the initial attempt for free
For specific information about the exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
The requirements for PECB Chief Information Security Officer certifications are as follows:
Contact us on [email protected] if you have other questions